Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Getting busy ...



Huh!! Filling in after a long time. Vansh's terrible two's get so much to me at times. I have to lie down myself when the kids sleep in the afternoon to pull myself together and go on for the rest of the day. And weather is partly to blame too. As winter strikes big time with temperatures now being sub zero on a regular basis, confining us indoors, its tough to know what to do with the physical energy of a 2 year old and to find the time and the energy to keep up with him. Well we have decided to take him to a couple of indoor gyms a couple times a week to channelize some of it. Anyways, this too shall pass.


On a brighter note, I have several things to be happy about. For the first time in the 4 years that we have been here, we went shopping on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving and boy was it thrilling, one because we were shopping for the kids and two because it was so crowded and that always reminds me of India. We shopped for some kids' clothes and toys and got some pretty neat deals and that brings me to the second thing or rather discovery that I am happy about. We bought 3 board games for Vansh and he has been so interested in those for the whole of the past week. He takes them out several times in a day and plays with them all by himself. His favorite is Hi-Ho Cherry O where he puts the cute little cherries, apples, oranges and blueberries on the respective trees, spins the spinner for a number and then picks the corresponding number of fruits from the tree and puts them into his basket.


Last but not the least we have a budding photographer who is getting better with every passing day :) So now mom can get her picture with Jiya even when dad's not around or dad and mom can get their picture taken too, all they do is ask and we have a more than happy son who complies :)

As for Jiya, she is chilling out. Getting bigger and smarter by the day, she sure knows how to get everybody's attention and loads of it. The tough time between 4 and 6 months when they realise a lot of things like the fun they can have when sitting in mom or dad's lap and playing with toys or better still be carried around and look at things from a moving perspective but are independently not capable of doing those, that's what she is going through right now.

I also started a few solids in the long weekend. She did very well with the rice cereal for about 4 days before I introduced moong dal to her and now that's all she wants to have. She shuts her mouth tight and actually pushes my hand away if I try to feed her pureed carrots and bestows the same treatment to the cereal after a few spoons. I didn't even know that a 4 something month old could actually do that. And last evening when it was moong dal again, it sure was party time.

Hmm, so all this is leaving me with lesser time and more work on my hands.

No comments: