Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Who me?! :)


The title that I chose has become a cliche now in the blogosphere with the 'Brilliante Weblog Award' doing the rounds, but really thats the way I felt when two of my dear friends Noon and Preethi, whose blogs I love to read regularly and wait with anticipation for the next post, honored me by passing on this award to me.

Noon, I know you strive for being the real you, unpretentious and gentle always and I have to tell you again that you really are. Your posts bear testimony to just that. I think I have said this before but in my mind I imagine you sitting with KB and KG, loving them gently, singing to them - you know the picture of a perfect family. :)

Preethi, who claims to be going through a mid life crisis, but instead of doing her any harm, it has done much more good. Her blog posts get funnier by the day. She keeps experimenting with the templates always to end up with great results and dear dear Nantu. I think of him every single day, which is not tough at all considering that I pass a convertible almost every day :)

As I accept this award, let me also take this opportunity to thank my mom and dad, ever supportive and ever encouraging. My mom who leads by example, making me strive to be like her, so very patient and so very active. Even as she is bed ridden for the past 8 weeks owing to her accident and 2 surgeries, I still feel in awe of her as I hear about her progress and refusal to be affected by it.

I thank my husband for always being extremely supportive in any endeavour I wish to pursue, for not saying a word when at times the housework naturally suffers because of the said endeavour and in fact telling me that its okay to just let it be at times :)

And of course my adorable little children. Not surprisingly are they called miracles for who else can become the purpose of your life as soon as he/she enters it. This blog is because they are.

And now for the rules,

This award is for blogs whose content and design are brilliant as well as creative.The purpose of the prize is to promote as many blogs as possible in the blogosphere.
Here are the rules to follow:
1. When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back
2. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or even more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.
3. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Brilliant Weblog’
4. Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).
5. And then we pass it on!

I would like to pass on the award to:

Dipali of Of this and that: I am amazed at her varied interests and how heartily she pursues them - be it reading, music or poetry. And then she avidly blogs about them which I absolutely adore to read. I can never say this enough Dipali, you are an inspiration!

Suma of aalochane and Cub tales: What do I say about dear Suma - I look upto her for advice through the comment box because she has her feet so firmly on the ground. It shows that she is one cool mom her kids are lucky to have. And the hobbies she pursues so avidly, reading and writing, I am in awe of you dear :)

Boo of Boo's Baby Talk: She sure is hilarious. I look forward to her posts to see what new situations she has twisted and turrned to churn out side splitting results :) An amazingly confident personality to boot.

~nm of Do I Write and Anirudh's World: She writes on such a variety of topics and the simplicity in her posts is refreshing. A darling of a son she is raising as well, not to mention the culinary experiments she conducts with appetizing results and pictures.

Mystic Margarita of Another Shot at Life: I consider her one of the most talented bloggers I read, vis-a-vis the writing style. Some of her posts like the one about the dream about the dragonfly and her dialogue with her tresses :) shall stay in my mind for a long long time beacuse of the power they had in spite of being very short ones.

PG of That's my Richie: A very simple, honest and down to earth person in spite of the huge talent she has and the conviction with which she raises her Richie. A quiet person in the blogosphere but she writes about her weaknesses as honestly as anyone would write about their strengths.

Tharini of Winkie's Ways: She needs no introduction for most of us. Refreshingly lucid, she weaves magical pictures with her words transporting the reader to where she is. An incredibly equanimous person who strives to get even better at that, she is truly brilliant.

Bev of Rainbow Days: I have started reading her only recently but her hard work and conviction for what she believes in shine through in her posts. I love the everyday special moments she creates for her family and writes about.

Thanks again dear Noonoo and Preethi for thinking of me worthy enough for a Brilliant award.

11 comments:

aMus said...

awww...thank you, thank you and thank you...what to do , i go speechless when i'm happy :)

now i must show this (your description of me) to the hubby and kiddos...i'm in need of an image makeover at home ;)

but truly, i'm delighted that you think of me...

~nm said...

I'm totally floored!! Thanks girl!! You don't know what you made me feel by writing such good words!! Am flying high now :D

Mystic Margarita said...

Thanks a lot, sweets, for such lovely words. You really made my day! I often have self-doubt related phases and I'll surely come back to these words of encouragement for a pick-me-up! Thanks again! :)

Monika said...

Congrats :)

B o o said...

Thank you so much Neera. Your words meant a lot to me especially since Im wallowing in self pity today! But not any more! :)

Preethi said...

yay!! you called me funny!! hehe!! seriously Neera I think of you as the perfect mom.. and it shows in the way you talk about your kids.. I call mine an imp and the love you have for them shines through your blog! What a contrast!! Keep writing!!

Neera said...

suma: he he he, go ahead sweetheart, you absolutely deserve it :)

~nm: good good! Fly high and keep giving us more of those great posts :)

margarita: That's the best thing about awards no, they perk u up like not many other things do. You are most welcome :)

monika, ansh: thank you dear :)

boo: I'm glad I could cheer you up and you're most welcome dear :)

preethi: Whoa!! Those are very heavy words preethi - if I had the ability to create humor out of everyday situations, call my kids imps and carry it off well, I would too ;)But like margarita said above, I'll comeback to this comment when my throat hurts for screaming out loud on them ;)Thanks so much!

Tharini said...

awww neera. It seems so inadequate to say thank you for such warm praise....but what other resources do i have to show my gratitude? So...thank you very much. It means very much...your words more than the award.

dipali said...

Neera, thank you so much. Sorry I overlooked this lovely post. Will just edit and add on my blog.
My apologies.

bird's eye view said...

Neera,

Thanks so much - I'm thrilled! Have been going crazy with the home renovation and intermittent email access so couldn't leave a comment when I saw this earlier.

nifty fifty sex stories said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.